January 2021 Covid Update
In line with Government guidelines and BTPA, as a clinic, Back2Health is permitted to remain open for urgent care.
Many of our patients have physical and emotional well-being needs or both, so please feel free to call me directly on 07972814522 Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, to either make an appointment or for support and advice.
Take good care of yourself and others.
Please look at the contact page for communication information.
In anticipation of this the clinic has undergone a little face lift and some changes have been implemented for everyone’s wellbeing….
• Everyone entering the building must wash their hands thoroughly in the bathroom.
•On arrival to the building you must wear a face covering.
•Your temperature will be taken and recorded for the Test and Trace information.
• You will be asked to complete a contact form , again for Test and Trace and a protocol agreement. A copy of which can be seen below.
• Each patient is now required to bring their own towels or fleece blankets to keep warm during treatments.
• We can no longer have cloth couch covers , only wipeable surfaces.
• Pillows also have vinyl coverings.
• As practitioners we are required to wear face masks and/or a visor.
• We are not required to wear gloves but they will be available if you would prefer that we wore them. Hand washing/hygiene is a priority.
• Appointments will be staggered, reducing the risk of people gathering in reception. Hopefully a bench will be placed outside to aid this!
• All handles, taps couches and pillows will be cleaned between each treatment.
• Payments to be made by BACS transfer if possible, but not essential.
• Finally, the hugs that were so readily available will no longer take place for now, but our hearts remain open and ready to welcome you back into our care….this by far is the hardest change of all.
Welcome to Back2Health
Please read the following important information.
Do not attend the clinic if you have a cough, a temperature above 37 degrees centigrade, loss of taste or smell or if anyone you have come into contact with is experiencing these symptoms.
People at high risk from COVID-19 who should not attend the clinic include those who:
• have had an organ transplant
• are having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy
• are having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancer
• are having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)
• have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
• have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppressant medicine
• have been told by a doctor they have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)
• have a condition that means they have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)
• are taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids or immunosuppressant medicine)
• pregnant with a serious heart condition
People at moderate risk from COVID-19 who can attend the clinic include those who:
• are 70 or older
• have a lung condition that's not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)
• have heart disease (such as heart failure)
• have diabetes
• have chronic kidney disease
• have liver disease (such as hepatitis)
• have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
• have a condition that means they have a high risk of getting infections
• are taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
• are very obese (a BMI of 40 or above)
• are pregnant
Safety procedures at Back2Health
As your practitioner I will be wearing an FFP3 face mask, the safest mask for face to face work. Hand hygiene is a priority. I will be washing my hands thoroughly with soapy water before and after each treatment and during if necessary . I will also be wearing scrubs.
There is time allocated between each appointment to disinfect all surfaces including couches, pillows, door handles, chairs, taps and floors.
As the patient you are required to wear a mask , wash hands on arrival and deposit shoes by the door. You need to bring your own towel. Your temperature will be taken on arrival. Unfortunately, a temperature above 37 degrees centigrade indicates that you will need to return home and contact your GP.
Your contact details will be provided to NHS Test and Trace if either myself or another patient who has attended the clinic has subsequently tested positive for COVID-19.
I agree that I have read and understood the above information.
I agree to follow all safety protocols today, and during any subsequent treatments.
I agree that if I contract COVID-19 within two weeks of treatment, I will contact my GP and Back2Health immediately.
Print Name…………………………. Address……………………………..
Thank you for your cooperation,
Sara Jones (Gray) / Practitioner, Back2Health .
19 Piercy End
Tel 01751 432987 // 07972814522 //www. back2healthkms.com
The clinic opened in 2004, and we like to think that we create an environment where each person feels cared for individually, with kindness, honesty, dedication and patience. The aim is to reduce or eliminate pain, improve function and increase mobility in a genuinely holistic manner.
Good nutrition, hydration, exercise, adequate rest, stress management, appropriate supplementation and, of course, correct treatment, all play a key role in creating a healthy body and mind.
The therapies offered at Back2Health are not intended as a substitute for medical advice or treatment. We recommend you consult your own Doctor if you have concerns regarding your health.